Sunday, September 6, 2009

Welcome back to School!


It's a new school year and it's going to be great. I've looked at many of the blogs you created over the summer and am impressed by some of the insightful and interesting posts you wrote.

If you didn't make the July 20th deadline for your blog post please get it done ASAP and send me an e-mail explaining why you didn't make the deadline. For example if you didn't register for the class until August 10th, I'll take that into account.

Some students have asked if I accept late work and the answer is, "YES!" I take points off if the work is late for a reason other than an excused absence, but the point of this class is to LEARN and you can't learn if you don't do the work. If you know ahead of time that you may not get an assignment in on time, talk to me BEFORE it's due so we can make an arrangement.

I'll collect the Phineas Gage study guide questions and check your notes on Chapter 1 of the Bernstein text on the first day of class, which is Sept. 8th (a-day) or Sept. 9th (b-day.)

Finally, check out this recently discovered photo of Phineas Gage (above.) The photo was probably used in an advertisement for an appearance that Mr. Gage was promoting. Did you know who it was as soon as you saw the photo?

No comments: