Monday, February 23, 2015

Unit 11 Motivation and Emotion



What Motivated Mike?

Here is a great Nike spot with Michael Jordan talking about how failure has helped him to succeed. Thanks for reminding me of this one, Mr. Niebuhr.



If the above play button does not appear or work you can try the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GuXZFQKKF7A

If the video won't play, here is the quote that Michael Jordan states during the commercial. Base your answer on this quote.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
-- Michael Jordan

What do you think motivated Michael Jordan become the greatest basketball player of his era and one of the greatest in the history of the game?



Anorexia, Bulimia and other Eating Disorders... The PBS NOVA video, Dying to Be Thin is a powerful examination of anorexia. You can watch the full video here.

Here is an interesting article about the distinction between eating disorders and disordered eating: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/contemporary-psychoanalysis-in-action/201402/disordered-eating-or-eating-disorder-what-s-the


There is a support group for people with eating disorders called ANAD- The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. Their website has resources on eating disorders.



No comments: