Unit 11: Motivation and Emotion
NOTES DUE 3/19
FILL-INS DUE 3/19
M.C. DUE 3/29 (just before quiz)
FLASH DUE 3/19
QUIZ (along with next unit) WILL BE ON 3/30
GET YOUR AP REVIEW BOOK – from library or from Amazon or other store! 3/19
Bernstein Text Chapter 11 Pp. 396 - 449
Read and take Cornell Notes
1. Skim quickly – pay attention to headings, photos etc. – Ask yourself questions about the various headings and images.
2. Go back and take your notes.
a. Make sure each heading and subheading is in your notes
b. Make sure you write at least a main idea for each one
c. Make sure all “boxed” definitions are in your notes
d. Draw all important diagrams and label them.
e. Make note of any examples or mnemonics that will help you
f. Write any questions you have and note things you don’t understand to ask about in class.
3. Carefully read the summary at the end of the chapter and add key information to your notes.
Bernstein Study Guide Chapter 11 Starts on P. 315
(You will be graded for completing and correcting them, not for how many you got right.)
1. Skim outline and key terms: Pp. 315-323– Do FLASHCARDS of underlined terms . They must have EXAMPLES, DIAGRAMS and/or MNEMONICS
2. In your notes, do Fill-In-The-Blanks on P. 323 Write the question and answer it without looking at the book or your notes. Then check your answers. For each wrong answer, write the correct answer and be sure the information is in your notes.
3. Do BOTH multiple choice sample quizzes.that start on P. 327. Do quiz 1 first check and correct it, review the notes then do quiz 2 and check it. YOU MUST WRITE EXPLANATIONS for all wrong answers.
Do you understand the KEY IDEAS? Theories of Motivation, Instinct, Drives, Homeostasis, Arousal, Hunger & Food Motivations, Sex Motivations, Achievement Motivations, Autonomic Nervous System,